Our 10-step Safety and Hygiene Protocol
1. We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay. These include: a high temperature, a new and persistent dry cough, difficulty breathing and loss of taste and smell. Find out more.
2. We strongly recommend that you download the government approved track and tracing app to ensure we are all alerted to any guests who may pose a risk of spreading Covid-19.
2. Arrival & check-in
1. We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enter the hotel. These include: a high temperature, a new and persistent dry cough, difficulty breathing and a loss of taste and smell. Find out more.
2. Upon check-in, your temperature will be checked with a non-contact infrared thermometer and we kindly request you to complete the below questionnaire:
I agree to the following:
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Dry Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
- A loss of taste and smell
I understand the above symptoms and confirm that I, as well as all my household members, do not currently have/or experienced the symptoms listed above WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS.
I confirm that I, as well as all my household members, have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 30 DAYS.
I confirm that I, as well as all my household members, have not knowingly been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 30 DAYS.
I confirm that I, as well as all my household members, have not travelled outside the country or to any city considered to be a “Hot Spot” for COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 30 DAYS.
I understand that Elfordleigh cannot be held liable for any exposure to the Covid-19 virus caused by misinformation on this form.
3. We have put in place signage on arrival and throughout the hotel detailing the guidelines we have in place to protect you and our employees. Any guests or visitors displaying Covid-19 symptoms may be asked to leave the premises.
4. Hand sanitising stations will be provided at all entries, customers will be required to sanitise when entering the hotel.
5. Our check-in process has been streamlined to allow for a fast and reduced-contact experience. Upon check-in we will provide a clean and disinfected room key along with relevant guest information in an envelope, which you can read through in the comfort of your own room. This will reduce time checking-in at reception.
6. We will only be accepting debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future, to avoid the handling of cash.
7. Our debit and credit card machines will be disinfected immediately after each use for the next customer.
8. Our reception area has been marked out to ensure social distancing of a minimum of 1.5 metres can be maintained at all times.
9. A protective screen has been installed on our reception desk.
10. All surfaces, screens, door handles and equipment will be regularly cleaned and sanitised throughout the day.
11. If your travel party consists of children, please be aware that you are responsible for supervising them at all times and that they need to follow the social distancing guidelines.
12. If you have any special requirements, please let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary preparations with everybody’s safety in mind.
3. Common areas
- We have heightened and enhanced our cleaning procedures to include extensive cleaning of shared surfaces throughout the day.
- We are ventilating public areas as much as possible to allow increased air circulation.
- We have set up hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel for you to use and we politely ask you to use these when entering the hotel.
- We have equipped our customer toilets with sanitising hand wash at the basins, as well as contact-free hand dryers.
- To avoid overcrowding and unnecessary contact we ask that guests who are staying with us to use the bathrooms in their bedrooms.
- Signage has been put in place with guidance on usage of our lift. You are welcome to use the lift and we’ll ensure they are regularly sanitised. We ask that they are occupied by only one family group at a time.
- When walking through the hotel we will ask that you please use your discretion and consideration by keeping a social distance of a minimum of 1 metres between yourself and other guests.
- The cues to use our pool table can be collected from our Brasserie bar. When you have finished your game please bring your cues back to the Brasserie bar so they can be sanitised immediately and safely stowed away.
4. Bedrooms & Bathrooms
- Every guest bedroom and en-suite will be fully sanitised before each stay and aired for at least an hour.
- Fabric items such as carpet, chairs, curtains and other furniture are sprayed with an approved sanitising solution, which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless to you and us.
- All soft furnishings have been removed from the rooms such as throws, spare blankets and cushions to avoid cross-contamination.
- All printed material has been removed from the rooms to avoid cross-contamination.
- All surfaces are thoroughly wiped down and cleaned prior to your arrival.
- Linens, towels and robes are professionally washed on high heat, with added sanitisation. Slippers and all consumables are replaced before each stay.
- Our tea trays items are limited and will be replaced for each guest.
- For our housekeeping team to be able to serve your room daily, rooms will need to be vacant and personal items including toiletries stowed away.
- We have adjusted opening times for our Leisure centre. The opening times for our Leisure centre are 7AM until 9PM on weekdays and 8AM until 8PM on weekends. Last entry is one hour before closing.
- If you would like to use our gym, swimming pool, squash court or attend an exercise class, we kindly ask you to contact our Leisure reception by dialling 01752 336428 extension 3 or email email@example.com to book your timeslot. We, unfortunately, cannot accept walk-ins.
- The timeslots that can be booked for either the gym, pool or squash court are for 1-hour maximum.
- Our sauna and steam room remain closed in line with Government guidelines.
- Do not arrive before your booked timeslot as you can only enter the leisure centre when your timeslot starts.
- Please come in your work-out or swimming gear to avoid using the changing rooms.
- On entry to our Leisure centre, your temperature will be checked with a non-contact infrared thermometer. If your temperature is too high, you, unfortunately, won’t be able to enter the Leisure centre and use the facilities.
- You will be required to sanitise your hands when entering the Leisure & Spa centre.
- You will be required to sanitise your hands again before entering the gym, aerobic studio, squash court and Elite Suite.
- Maintain social distancing and stay at least 1 metre from others at all times.
- Bring a full water bottle as the water fountains are not in use. If you forgot your water bottle you can purchase one at the Leisure reception desk.
- We only accept debit and credit card payments.
- Towels/’sweat towels’ cannot be used in the gym, aerobic studio, squash court and Elite suite.
- As social distancing cannot be guaranteed, the normal game of squash should not be played by players from different households (except those from a support bubble). Our Leisure team can advise you on adapted versions of the game that can be played by players from two different households while maintaining social distancing.
- Do not touch the walls and floor of the squash court. Where you knowingly touch the floor or wall, drop sweat or bodily fluids, please use an alcohol-based cleaning wipe to clean that area immediately (do not use a towel). Any liquid should be dried off immediately with a separate dry cloth (i.e. paper towel).
- We are limiting the number of members in the gym, aerobic studio, swimming pool and exercise classes to ensure social distancing. Our capacity at any one time for the gym and aerobic studio combined is 15 people and for the pool 25 people. Our capacity for our Jacuzzi’s is 2 people per Jacuzzi at any one time.
- All work-out equipment in the gym has been spaced out to maintain at least 1.5 metre social distancing.
- The free weights area in the gym has been moved downstairs into the aerobic studio to ensure social distancing.
- Our exercise classes will take place in the Elite Suite to ensure social distancing.
- To maintain social distancing, we don’t have as many lockers available as usual, so please limit your personal belongings and only use a locker if absolutely necessary.
- Please clean your equipment and mats before and after use with the sanitising wipes provided.
- In line with government guidelines, the showers in our changing rooms are out of service and cannot be used. The showers on poolside are operational, but these are only to be used by pool users.
- Between the timeslots, all gym equipment, lockers and high-contact touchpoints will be disinfected with the use of a handheld disinfectant fogging machine.
- The entire Leisure Centre will be cleaned every morning.
- We are currently offering a selection of our beauty treatments. According to government guidelines beauty treatments that require contact with clients’ faces are not allowed at the moment.
- All appointments must be pre-booked. Please contact our Spa reception by dialling 01752 336428 extension 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your beauty treatment. We unfortunately cannot accept walk-in appointments. Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- Clients will be required to sanitise their hands when entering the Leisure & Spa centre.
- On entry to our Leisure & Spa centre your temperature will be checked with a non-contact infrared thermometer. If your temperature is too high, you unfortunately won’t be able to have your treatment.
- All clients are required to wear a face mask on entry to the Spa treatment room.
- All beauty therapists undergo strict sanitisation prior to starting work and will be wearing a face mask, face shield, apron and gloves (gloves are treatment dependant).
- All rooms, tools and products will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised between every treatment.
- We will be using disposable bed sheets and towels which will be replaced after each client.
- Appointments are spaced to allow for frequent cleaning of the work areas, high contact touchpoints and equipment between each use.
7. Food & drink
- We have adjusted the opening times for our Bar, Brasserie and Churchill’s restaurant. Our Bar and Brasserie will be open daily from 12 noon until 8PM. Last food orders can be made at 7.30PM. Our Churchill’s restaurant is open for breakfast, weekdays from 7AM until 9.30AM and weekends from 8AM until 10AM. Our Churchill’s restaurant is currently closed for dinner service.
- We are currently operating a reduced menu.
- When you stay with us you can dine in your room or in the designated dining areas. Evening dining times will be agreed with you upon check-in, we respectfully request that guests adhere to the booked times to ensure flow and guest safety at all times.
- We will be offering an à la carte breakfast for you to enjoy during your stay, no breakfast buffets. To manage social distancing, we will agree your breakfast time upon check-in. We respectfully request that guests adhere to the booked times to ensure flow and guest safety at all times.
- We have extended our dining spaces and are utilising all public areas to ensure all diners are a minimum of 2 metres apart.
- We are able to offer flexible table configurations dependent upon your household size.
- Our menus will be single-use only and disposed of in accordance with relevant guidelines.
- Table condiments will all be served in single-serving packets and disposed of in accordance with relevant guidelines.
- When dining in our Brasserie or on our Brasserie Terrace please do not return your glasses, crockery or cutlery to the bar. Our waiting staff will come and collect these for you.
- Our waiting teams will be wearing face shields and abide by a strict handwashing and sanitising regime instead of wearing gloves.
- If you are not staying with us, you can still dine with us. All that we ask is that you book your table in advance. (subject to availability)
- Non-residents who are consuming beverages or food outdoors, cannot seek shelter indoors in the event of adverse weather conditions unless social distancing can be maintained.
- We have created separate entry and exit points to our Brasserie, limiting contact and maintaining social distance between all guests and our teams.
- We ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms. If you are not staying with us, we request that you follow the social distancing measures we have displayed on our signage when using the public bathrooms.
- We have equipped our bathrooms with sanitising hand wash at the basins and contact-free hand dryers.
- Hand sanitising stations will be set up at the entry points to use and should be used every time you enter our dining areas.
- We will only be accepting credit and debit cards at this time. Our debit and credit card machines will be immediately disinfected after each use for the next customer.
- We are providing an express check-out process to minimise contact with team members. A printed room bill will be placed under your door early on the morning of check out. To check out, all you need to do is leave your key in your room and we will automatically take payment using the debit or credit card details we hold on file. Should you have any queries in relation to your bill, please call and speak to our reception team by dialling 0 from your room.
- If you did not book directly with the hotel, you will need to supply an email address to the reception team, if you require a copy of your bill.
9. Our people: training, hygiene and protection
- All of our employees have undergone extensive training on how to prevent the contagion of Covid-19.
- The temperature of our employees will be checked with a non-contact infrared thermometer at the start of their shift.
- We are providing team members with personal protective equipment.
- Any employee who shows symptoms will be immediately sent home and will be required to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to work.
- Hand sanitising stations are located at all entry and exit points back of the house for the teams to use.
- Elfordleigh operating procedures are clearly displayed throughout the back of house areas.
- We have a dedicated team keeping up to date with any changes to government guidelines, this document is subject to change to ensure your safety.
10. Localised Lockdowns
If you have a stay booked and your place of residence falls into a "localised lockdown area", as per the Government guidelines non-essential travel will not be permitted, therefore you will be unable to stay during this time.
A BIG THANK YOU
Elfordleigh would like to say a big thank you to all the key workers who have supported this country through the coronavirus epidemic. Also, a big thank you to our customers who have helped keep our hotel alive during the lockdown.
*Please note: Subject to the latest guidelines. We will be constantly reviewing our processes and precautions. This guide will be constantly updated to give you the very latest information.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1752 336428
Plymouth, PL7 5EB
This elegant English country house is perfectly positioned for exploring Devon and Plymouth. During your free time, you can take advantage of the hotel’s extensive leisure facilities, including an 18-hole golf course, fully-equipped gym and a relaxing spa.