Elfordleigh COVID-19 Safety Measures Minimising the risk of Covid-19
The health, safety and security of our guests and employees at Elfordleigh have always been our number one priority. Please take a moment to take note of how we are providing a safe environment to welcome our guests into.
Please note: all Covid-19 policies are based on current UK government guidelines and are being constantly reviewed based on the latest advice; this guide is subject to change to ensure your safety. With this in mind, some of the information you receive at the time of booking may be out of date by the time you stay at the hotel. Please check back on our Covid-19 update page for the latest information.
We are currently working extremely hard, so when you are able to visit us again, you can do so feeling assured that we have in place all the precautions to minimise the spread of Covid-19 and keep you and your loved ones safe. To do this, Risk Assessments have been completed that both identify the possible risks and then develops the controls needed to reduce the risk. The result of these Risk Assessments is that we have invested in various types of equipment and adapted hotel operations focussing on hygiene, sanitisation and social distancing. This to reduce the risk of infection and demonstrate to our hotel residents and day guests that we offer an environment that is as safe as possible, whilst still giving you the welcoming, cordial, genuine and personable Elfordleigh experience we are known for.
Elfordleigh is committed to delivering a clean and safe environment and to do so we have created a 10-step safety and hygiene protocol to ensure our hotel is as clean and safe as possible. These steps describe specific processes and measures that are designed to make you feel confident when you visit us.
Please see our 10 steps to safety below:
2.Arrival & check-in
4.Bedrooms & bathrooms
7.Food & Drink
9.Our people: training, hygiene and protection
Our golf course is open for members and visitors. You can book a tee time via BRS on the app or on our website, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Pro Shop during office hours on 01752 336428.
We will accept bookings of one-balls, two-balls, three-balls and four-balls.
Please find our guidelines below; they are subject to change as we are following the guidance from the Government and England Golf. These guidelines will apply to all golfers playing at Elfordleigh and will remain in place until otherwise advised.
Please do not abuse the rules as we would like the course to be a safe place for all of our players.
Play Safe-Stay Safe!
The coronavirus outbreak affects everything and everyone, including couples due to marry when strict social distancing policies are in place. All that time planning and dreaming about your wedding day, and now it can’t happen. We understand that you will have lots of questions and lots of mixed emotions and feelings.
Currently, we still don't know when weddings will be able to take place, but we are here to help if you may need to look for an alternative date or venue for further down the line - to get in touch please email email@example.com or call 01752 336428.
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
The effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 has temporarily halted face-to-face meetings and events. But as disruptive as these measures have been, many people and organisations are still planning to hold their events — just at a later date.
We are of course keeping updated with all government guidelines and if you'd like to discuss a future enquiry or to check availability please do get in touch and email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01752 336428.
- We have adjusted opening times for our Leisure centre. The opening times for our Leisure centre are 7AM until 9PM on weekdays and 8AM until 8PM on weekends. Last entry is one hour before closing.
- If you would like to use our gym, swimming pool, squash court or attend an exercise class, we kindly ask you to contact our Leisure reception by dialling 01752 336428 extension 3 or email email@example.com to book your timeslot. We, unfortunately, cannot accept walk-ins.
- The timeslots that can be booked for either the gym, pool or squash court are for 1-hour maximum.
- Our sauna and steam room remain closed in line with Government guidelines.
- Do not arrive before your booked timeslot as you can only enter the leisure centre when your timeslot starts.
- Please come in your work-out or swimming gear to avoid using the changing rooms.
- On entry to our Leisure centre, your temperature will be checked with a non-contact infrared thermometer. If your temperature is too high, you, unfortunately, won’t be able to enter the Leisure centre and use the facilities.
- You will be required to sanitise your hands when entering the Leisure & Spa centre.
- You will be required to sanitise your hands again before entering the gym, aerobic studio, squash court and Elite Suite.
- Maintain social distancing and stay at least 1 metre from others at all times.
- Bring a full water bottle as the water fountains are not in use. If you forgot your water bottle you can purchase one at the Leisure reception desk.
- We only accept debit and credit card payments.
- Towels/’sweat towels’ cannot be used in the gym, aerobic studio, squash court and Elite suite.
- As social distancing cannot be guaranteed, the normal game of squash should not be played by players from different households (except those from a support bubble). Our Leisure team can advise you on adapted versions of the game that can be played by players from two different households while maintaining social distancing.
- Do not touch the walls and floor of the squash court. Where you knowingly touch the floor or wall, drop sweat or bodily fluids, please use an alcohol-based cleaning wipe to clean that area immediately (do not use a towel). Any liquid should be dried off immediately with a separate dry cloth (i.e. paper towel).
- We are limiting the number of members in the gym, aerobic studio, swimming pool and exercise classes to ensure social distancing. Our capacity at any one time for the gym and aerobic studio combined is 15 people and for the pool 25 people. Our capacity for our Jacuzzi’s is 2 people per Jacuzzi at any one time.
- All work-out equipment in the gym has been spaced out to maintain at least 1.5 metre social distancing.
- The free weights area in the gym has been moved downstairs into the aerobic studio to ensure social distancing.
- Our exercise classes will take place in the Elite Suite to ensure social distancing.
- To maintain social distancing, we don’t have as many lockers available as usual, so please limit your personal belongings and only use a locker if absolutely necessary.
- Please clean your equipment and mats before and after use with the sanitising wipes provided.
- In line with government guidelines, the showers in our changing rooms are out of service and cannot be used. The showers on poolside are operational, but these are only to be used by pool users.
- Between the timeslots, all gym equipment, lockers and high-contact touchpoints will be disinfected with the use of a handheld disinfectant fogging machine.
- The entire Leisure Centre will be cleaned every morning.
- We are currently offering a selection of our beauty treatments. According to government guidelines beauty treatments that require contact with clients’ faces are not allowed at the moment.
- All appointments must be pre-booked. Please contact our Spa reception by dialling 01752 336428 extension 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your beauty treatment. We unfortunately cannot accept walk-in appointments. Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- Clients will be required to sanitise their hands when entering the Leisure & Spa centre.
- On entry to our Leisure & Spa centre your temperature will be checked with a non-contact infrared thermometer. If your temperature is too high, you unfortunately won’t be able to have your treatment.
- All clients are required to wear a face mask on entry to the Spa treatment room.
- All beauty therapists undergo strict sanitisation prior to starting work and will be wearing a face mask, face shield, apron and gloves (gloves are treatment dependant).
- All rooms, tools and products will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised between every treatment.
- We will be using disposable bed sheets and towels which will be replaced after each client.
- Appointments are spaced to allow for frequent cleaning of the work areas, high contact touchpoints and equipment between each use.
We want to thank everyone for their continues support and understanding during this difficult time.
*Please note: Our processes and precautions will be under constant review, and this guide will be constantly updated to give you the very latest information. We will, of course, always comply with all government regulations.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1752 336428
Plymouth, PL7 5EB
This elegant English country house is perfectly positioned for exploring Devon and Plymouth. During your free time, you can take advantage of the hotel’s extensive leisure facilities, including an 18-hole golf course, fully-equipped gym and a relaxing spa.