Safe workout classes for charity at Elfordleigh
Since COVID-19 lots of charities are struggling and rely on our community for support, so they can continue the heart-warming, courageous and crucial work they do. Also, in these difficult times, we have never experienced before it holds even more true that exercise is critical to both your physical and mental wellbeing.
Elfordleigh wants to help the charities and members of our community that are struggling. So we are really excited to announce that we are offering a number of OUTDOOR group exercise classes in honour of two amazing local charities, Mind Devon and Plymouth Hospitals Charity. In doing so, we would like to use the opportunity to raise some much-needed funds for these charities that have and continue to play a critical role in the current climate.
The classes will be conducted by local instructors, including our own leisure team, who have generously volunteered their time to do so. The classes will be free of charge to attend and will be open to absolutely anyone who wishes to take part. All we ask from you is to make a donation. Even though we would greatly appreciate and hope for a donation, we do want to stress that this is completely voluntary.
Want to join? Please call +44 (0) 7862 272396 and reserve your spot!
Where there’s a will, there’s a way! Join us and help yourself and our community!
You can download the timetable below
Workout for Charity
In order to provide these classes whilst keeping everybody safe, it is essential that we follow all government advice. Steps we must all follow include:
● Only people that are symptom free or have completed the required isolation period can attend.
● Classes are for a maximum of six people (five participants and one instructor).
● Everyone needs to maintain a 2-meter distance between themselves and other participants.
● Classes will take place outside on the lawn next to the Elfordleigh Leisure Centre.
● All participants must ensure they clean their hands on arrival with the provided hand sanitizers.
● All participants are to use their own individual water bottles and no additional water will be available at the class.
● No equipment (with the exception of mats if needed) will be used in any class. The mats will be thoroughly cleaned with disinfectant spray after each use.
● All participants are to arrive no more than 5 minutes before their allotted class and must leave promptly on completion.
● There will be no access to the Elfordleigh buildings before, during or after the classes.